04 July, 2012

Daedalus Creatures - Troll

I started drawing this big guy and realised I was running out of canvas space. I was about to shrink him down when I thought, "No! He shall be as big as he needs to be." And then I made the canvas bigger.


The Troll is a huge beast with rough scaled skin and a series of horns that lines its neck.Standing approximately 12' from foot to shoulder the Troll is the largest creature known to walk the deserts.

While very temperamental in the wild many Trolls have been domesticated for manual labour. It is still noted that these beasts should be treated with caution at all times as their immense size can lead to nasty accidents.

The tiny Mollusk can often be found latched onto the softer skin of the Troll's neck or stomach. These parasites offer extra protection from predators, in the form of their tough shells, while draining a small amount of the Troll's blood.

1 comment: